I love Emer Skin and wholeheartedly feel it is the best complement to a SkinBetter Science Regimen, especially for those who want to prep their skin for lasers and peels or overhaul their sun damage or Melasma. What makes Emer Skin stand apart from the other lines I carry is that a Cosmetic Dermatologist designed this line for himself and his patients. Until recently, the only way you could get your hands on Emer Skin was if you were a patient of Dr. Emer. As you will see, this line is meticulously designed to pretreat and post-treat the skin for laser and chemical peel treatments, and this is where this line stands apart from SkinBetter Science.
SkinBetter Science remains my standard for functional skin health and is still the main line I recommend. However, when it comes to treating hyperpigmentation and retinol, I often choose other products for my clients. That is why I am so excited about EMER SKIN!
As we head into laser and peel season, the four glowy b*tch power players from EMER SKIN are:
- Hyla - A : A gentle yet highly powerful retinol product that is safe to use twice daily, morning and night! This lightweight product can be applied before your Alto or Alto Advanced to tackle lines, wrinkles, uneven texture, acne, and hyperpigmentation. Make sure to bring this product down to your neck and chest to get the full anti-aging benefits on an area that is typically significantly damaged during the summer. This product would replace your AlphaRet. Hyla-A is formulated to be gentle on the skin, so you can even use this when the skin is still peeling or sandpapery after treatment to speed up the healing. You will notice the difference in your skin almost immediately once you start to use this product! I recommend 3 pumps for your face and neck. Pro-tip: If you are using Retinol during the day, it is vital to use the proper amount of SPF and reapply throughout the day (every 2 - 4 hours) to protect the skin from any damage from the sun.
- Hight Spot - A powerful Hydroquinone - Free Skin Brightener that can either replace Skinbetter Science Even Tone or act as a moisturizer for those who want to add as much brightening to their routine as possible. This formula uses my favorite form of Vitamin C, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, and BlueBerry Seed Oil and Licorice Root, both powerful against the development of hyperpigmentation. The formulation gives the appearance of collagen-rich skin by visibly smoothing, brightening, and minimizing discoloration over time. As with any brightening product, it is recommended to be used twice a day, morning and night.
- Illuminating Mask - The first-of-its-kind medical-grade, at-home micro-peel, clinically formulated to resurface, refine, and restore the skin’s complexion safely and gently in as little as 14 days. This mask is perfect for most skin types and quickly addresses acne, Melasma, pores, texture, and all signs of aging. Professional results from the comfort of your home give new meaning to fresh-faced and give you the courage to redefine yourself. This mask is versatile and can be used in three different ways, depending on your skin and budget. Based on your skin goals and tolerance, you may use this mask 1-3 times weekly.
- The mask is best used at night on clean skin. Apply a thin layer. Massage into the skin and go to bed! And wash off in the morning. It’s so easy!
- You can also use this mask with your at-home dermal roller or dermal stamper. Apply the mask first and massage it into the skin. You can gently roll or stamp the skin to penetrate the mask and get even more results. Feel free to apply another layer for an even more amped up treatment.
- You will find Dr. Emer’s recommended way to apply the mask inside the box. Per his recommendation, one tube = one application. You will apply the mask and wait 15 mins between multiple applications. This method will deliver the most potent results in one treatment.
- AOX-C AntiOxidant Illuminating and Cleansing Pads - These pads are my secret weapon! OBSESSED! Who doesn’t love drenching their skin in Vitamin C?!?! Using these pads on clean skin is the perfect prep for the rest of the EMER SKIN products. These pads boost skin health, start the collagen-building process, and increase skin brightness. I always use it before applying my Illuminating Mask. You can also throw these in your gym bag and use them to clean or freshen up your skin on the go. The pads are safe and gentle and can be used by everyone.
How will you be incorporating EMER SKIN into your skin care routine? Drop me a comment or question below!